What happened at Religious School - 3/13/21
Mar 13, 2021
During Saturdays celebration of Passover, families gathered at the CBH Parking Lot in a program that made students ask
- The importance of asking questions in life. What are our family’s most important questions?
- During the Seder we ask many questions.
- Dayenu - what is enough in our home or good enough in our lives?
- How do we experience feeling stuck and free? Write a blessing for your family related to this concept.
- Where do we find sweetness in our lives?
The program began with edu-tainment Passover songs with Jill, and then families moved on to the self-led section:
- Families were given the story of Passover in paragraph to cut and tape together in the correct order
- As they did so, families thought about questions they would ask Moses or the Pharaoh
- The Rabbi returned dressed as Moses in a surprise arrival
- Families solved riddles with puzzle pieces they searched for across the parking lot
- Families wrote questions on each side of a die, and answered the questions as they rolled
- Families wrote down their own takeaways on magnets
- Families reflected on what ways they feel free/stuck, and were given chinese finger traps to symbolize bondage
Overall, it was a fun day full of music and fun
Shabbat Shalom and Happy Passover!